PDA

View Full Version : Margin appeared in IE7

spazzer
04-16-2010, 03:48 PM
Hi All,
In my site:-
www.doneanddustedcleaning.com (http://www.doneanddustedcleaning.com)

there is a margin that appears in IE7 only between my floated leftsidebar and the content region, as usual in firefox IE8 and opera etc all is well, does anyone maybe have an idea how to fix or has an idea what the cause is ?

Thanks,
Nick C

fandano_fred
04-16-2010, 06:11 PM
Hi...

Not sure if its a similar issue but iFrames likewise have some very unexpected results in IE8. I have since quit designing totally for IE. I have several sites that display very nicely in FF, CHrome & Safari. The minute you open them in IE you have marging and a bloated webpage as if zoomed in!!!

I dont think IE lends itself at all well to CSS and is still years behond in browser development: I have googled countless solutions for the border problem and none of them worked. I also had issues with scrollong in iFrames... again solutions work pretty werll for FF, Safari and Chrome but you can forget about ie.

In your case have you specified border = 0 (leaving a value blank will display lines) and/or changed the boder colour to the same as the page - acometic solution but one that might solve the problem...

domedia
04-16-2010, 07:21 PM
spazzer is using a web standards code, not tables, so he will not have issues with borders and inconsistent table and iframe rendering. :)

domedia
04-16-2010, 07:29 PM
Spazzer,
for #mainContent, remove the left padding.
Then set the column width to 650px and float it to the left.

fandano_fred
04-16-2010, 08:17 PM
spazzer is using a web standards code, not tables, so he will not have issues with borders and inconsistent table and iframe rendering. :)

Not sure why but I cannot connect to his URL... hence the blind response. I keep getting page load errors for his link...