PDA

View Full Version : Automatically update Text A from Text B

bremnut
04-15-2010, 09:10 AM
Hi All,
I am a dreamweaver cs4 novice at best. At the moment I have an existing retail site with pricing. Like most retail sites it has a catalogue page (page A) with a price (simple css price box) which if you click on takes you to a page on the same product with more detail (page B). Both pages have the same price but atm I have to update both manually and i would like it if I update page A page B automatically updates with the same price. Can anyone point me to a tutorial on how to do this. Have searched for days and looked at repeating regions but this looks like more for design than content. Thanks in advance

edbr
04-15-2010, 09:15 AM
if the prices are from a database then that will be easy if you make them manually then cant see how you can really

bremnut
04-15-2010, 09:18 AM
no its not from a database just straight imputed text. But I dont see it any different than creating a footer that repeats from page to page

Corrosive
04-15-2010, 09:26 AM
Use Server Side Includes maybe; http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/php-includes.php

edbr
04-15-2010, 09:42 AM
thats true how mant products are there and prices though

Corrosive
04-15-2010, 09:47 AM
Yeah, I know what you are getting at. To be honest a simple SQL database set-up would really help here.

bremnut
04-16-2010, 01:28 AM
its about 50 products, cars actually, the pricing changes from month to month as the factory changes incentives. The database actually sounds like a good idea and includes was what I was thinking of but I need to work out how to do it. Appreciate both your help and Ideas gentleman. Thanks