PDA

View Full Version : "Comcast.net-like" Highlight section

dellis87
04-12-2010, 07:55 PM
Hi all,

I would like to replicate a news/highlights section on my website that is like the one on comcast.net.

I want to have 4 'articles' and have it scroll between the four, without using flash, as well as have a table of contents, to speak, list the four; pretty much exactly replicate the one on comcast's. Another example is the aol.com homepage (save for the menu items underneath the articles).

I'm pretty new to this, I'm okay with css & html, but am just learning php, coldfusion and the like... I don't know java at all.

If anyone could help me with this or at least let me know what this type of component is called so that I can research it better, I'd very much appreciate it.

Thanks!

edbr
04-13-2010, 02:00 AM
i didnt understad scroll between. but the site you quote although using froms is using php so it looks simply a php loop limeted to so many items and is echoing title, and some content or description and link.
or have i missed your point. it wouldnt be the first time

dellis87
04-13-2010, 01:17 PM
Hm, okay, I'll look into a php loop.

By 'scroll between', I simply mean just showing one article, then after 10 seconds, showing the second, etc. and simultaneously highlighting over the title (underneath the image/content).

I guess I would need two independent php loops and just set them to 'hop' to the next title or article after the same amount of time?