PDA

View Full Version : audio file for website

richcodesign
04-12-2010, 05:09 PM
I am having a professional recording created for my companies website.

I just need to know what ppl recommend to have the recording company save the file as for my use. I think it may need to be a mp3, but would like some experienced advice.

I have never used audio on a website before and assume that it needs to be a flash item when finally inserted into my page.

Any help would be much appreciated.

kearnsy
04-12-2010, 06:30 PM
If the file is only going to be for your personal use, then ask them for a wav or flac file, these are better quality, some people say CD quality

If it's only going to be used on your website, then Mp3 is more than good enough, Mp3 is compressed to reduce the file size and idealy is suited towards audio for websites, although you can get some good quality mp3 files that sound really good.

Best bet is to ask them for both i'd say, keep the wav or flac stored somewhere safe in case you ever need it in the future, and use an mp3 file for the website

richcodesign
04-13-2010, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the feed back, just what i needed to know.

Would anyone know of a good tutorial for having the audio start once the website loads, but has a stop button for people who do not want to listen.

Thanks again

MCD
04-13-2010, 01:57 PM
Try Swoosh Jukebox. It creates the files you need quickly and the code for less than $40.00.

MCD
04-13-2010, 02:33 PM
I should have said Swish Jukebox. Sorry.

richcodesign
04-14-2010, 11:03 AM
Hello again,

I have been asked by the recording company what type of wav file i need it saved as, i did not think there was such a thing???

I hope someone can shed some light.

edbr
04-14-2010, 11:29 AM
.wav files? audio for windows. there are free converters around the web btw