PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Duplicating/Copying Code to make a Spoof site

kakarotoni
04-11-2010, 11:48 PM
Hello everyone, I am doing a project for my class and we need to find a site to duplicate and copy to make a spoof site. So for example if I wanted to make a spoof site of a site like walmart or gatorade I would have to right click the page to copy the source code, make it my own by pasting it onto dreamweaver and stealing the style sheets and what not. And then after that I would change the code, images, and text to make it a spoof site for my project.

However, is there a write up on how to do this step by step cause I forget certain elements that I need to copy the code and style sheets properly. Thanks in advance

Corrosive
04-12-2010, 06:20 AM
I would have to right click the page to copy the source code, make it my own by pasting it onto dreamweaver and stealing the style sheets and what not. And then after that I would change the code, images, and text to make it a spoof site for my project.

That is about as close as your going to get to a description of how to steal source code. You've summed it up quite nicely. Bear in mind that sites like Walmart are probably PHP driven shopping carts so the pages will be made up of a number of different 'included' elements which may not be apparent when you look at the source code. You might be better just copying the layout and building it yourself.

domedia
04-12-2010, 02:10 PM
I've used WinHTTrack when I've needed to download the static version of a website.

http://www.httrack.com/