PDA

View Full Version : resizing the window moves everything on my page?

colaroid
04-09-2010, 03:56 PM
I have been checking my website and when I resize the window all my images and text move about. How do I lock them?:(

I am using a template and then have a main text section. there are two objects in the header, when I resize the browser window one of them moves underneath the other. I want the area of the page with my template to stay the same size whatever I do to the size of the window?

mangofreak
04-09-2010, 05:25 PM
Can you post a link to your page? or the code?

DWcourse
04-09-2010, 09:01 PM
Did you build your page based on one of dreamweaver's built-in layouts? If so you should have chosen a fixed width design.

colaroid
04-12-2010, 09:21 AM
Hi, thanks for replying. Following a tutorial because I am completely new to dreamweaver, I used a liquid template. Is this whats wrong? If so can I conver it or do I need to start with a new template?

Thanks this was the problem. I have created a new template which has fixed it however I assume there is a quicker way so I would still like to know whether there is a way of converting the template.

Thanks

DWcourse
04-12-2010, 02:42 PM
Right, the liquid layouts resize with the browser window. You want a fixed layout. Sorry but there's really not an easy way to convert from one layout to another.

colaroid
04-15-2010, 01:35 PM
Thanks anyway:-D