PDA

View Full Version : Content management

dubaco
04-08-2010, 08:18 PM
Hi
Has anyone found a system that adds a nice easy CM system to dreamweaver, or works with it? Something which allows the designer to do his/her stuff but allows the client to change the page content, without interfering with the design. I suppose templates would work, to some extent.
Many thanks
P

mangofreak
04-08-2010, 08:28 PM
I'm not sure to what you are referring to. A CMS system would be something more like Drupal, WordPress, Joomla or the like. However, perhaps your talking about a rich text editor that allows a non-web savvy to add and edit content.

The RTE allows you to convert a text area into a nice editing environment because it adds a set of tools like a word processor. So adding or editing becomes an easy task. There are plenty of those out there, commercial and free.

So, what do you need?

dubaco
04-08-2010, 08:32 PM
perhaps your talking about a rich text editor that allows a non-web savvy to add and edit content.

Aplologies if I was a bit ambiguous, it's the ability for a client to do minor changes to content and the like. eg. update general content/phone numbers/add new course dates/etc.

Cheers
P

Corrosive
04-08-2010, 08:34 PM
Take a look at CushyCMS.

mangofreak
04-08-2010, 08:40 PM
CushyCMS, Yes! I had already forgotten that one. As I say:
I'm a slow learner...and I forget fast.

Corrosive
04-08-2010, 08:46 PM
I'm a slow learner...and I forget fast.

Yes, but you have one of the best avatars on this forum and that more than makes up for it. ;)

mangofreak
04-08-2010, 09:01 PM
Oh yeah, my vicious looking avatar :D

dubaco
04-09-2010, 10:17 PM
Take a look at CushyCMS.

Now that is just what the doctor ordered, cheers, nice and straightforward and just what I was looking for.

Many thanks
P

DWcourse
04-10-2010, 03:48 AM
Adobe also offers:

Contribute which is a sort Dreamweaver for editing content online.

InContext Editing (with CS4) that allows users to log into an Adobe account and update websites online. Currently free but don't count on it staying that way. Adobe seems intent on adding subscription revenue streams.

And, a high end solution, Business Catalyst, which ties into Dreamweaver through a plug in but also allows clients to manage and edit sites online (including shopping carts, forum, blogs, etc.). It's a hosted solution and requires the developer to become an BC Partner (there is a limited free option) and a monthly hosting agreement for the client (I think it starts at about $40) for the website.

Corrosive
04-25-2010, 07:31 AM
Hi Casper. Read through this thread; http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35851 It explains a bit more.

davidj
04-26-2010, 04:29 PM
@Casper29

You use Dreamweaver to theme your CMS. Changing CSS etc

The CMS administers the content in its own GUI