PDA

View Full Version : stuck "main content"

McWilli
04-08-2010, 06:07 PM
I have a problem on just one of several CSS pages in my website. A sample of the page can be seen at

http://www.ruthsrecipes.com/Frecipes/fivehourbeefstew.html

It is supposed to be a 3-column hybrid with header and footer from DreamWeaver's stock layouts. But the Main Content is stuck under the left sidebar. The right sidebar moves with browser window size, but the main content does not.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help
McWilli

domedia
04-08-2010, 07:12 PM
Can you post a link to how it is supposed to look? It's really no evident from your page.

Also, is there a particular browser that is giving you this issue?

There's some structural errors in your HTML that, once fixed, might solve your problem. You have a closing SPAN that was never opened

DWcourse
04-08-2010, 10:18 PM
I'm assuming you're talking about the bottom of the page and not the tables at the top.

The width of your left sidebar is 13em with some padding so your margins for #mainContent need to take that into consideration. Try:

margin:0 15em 0 13em;

That adjust the margins on #mainContent to take into account your sidebars.

Then delete the width property for #mainContent and let it resize with the page.

McWilli
04-09-2010, 01:08 AM
Thank you very much. Though they weren't the whole solution, your answers put me on the right track. This is my first site using CSS (other sites are straight HTML), and even though I'm working with 3 manuals, a lot of the learning has to come from making mistakes.

McWilli