PDA

View Full Version : No Vertical Scrollbars display in IE

michaelhunter
04-06-2010, 12:47 AM
I created a site in Dreamweaver CS3. The vertial scroll bars do show up in IE 6 but they do not in IE 7 and 8. I am not one of these picky people about the scroll bars. (I have read a lot of forums where people don't want vertical or horizontal scolls etc., etc.) My main goal is that people can scroll down and read what is on the site. If both scroll bars show up I don't care, I just want the site to function properly.

I have tried the overflow in CSS (overflow: scoll). I tried every feature that I can think of and I am stumped. All I want is the scroll bars to function in IE 7 and 8. (they also don't show up in Safari, but I can live with that). Also I really don't want to create a scroll bar in the site but to have the scroll bar on the browser to work.

The site is romans678.org.

Thank for any assitance

edbr
04-06-2010, 01:22 AM
they should appear if the content is more than the size of the container, can you post a link

edbr
04-06-2010, 01:23 AM
sorry just saw it

edbr
04-06-2010, 01:49 AM
use class back not .back
your main prob is using position: fixed; , this is on your church page. all those nested tables kinda make it hard to see the code though. maybe you could consider not using tables?

michaelhunter
04-06-2010, 11:50 PM
I changed the position to absolute and the overscroll to scroll, and it worked the vertical bars show up. Thanksabunch!!!

Also I have been reading all the controversy about using tables. I am relatively new to Dreamweaver and tables work for me. I will have to stick with them until I get more experienced. I don't have much experience using layers or other items.