PDA

View Full Version : what is the difference?

hope
04-03-2010, 05:54 PM
hi all,
i am hope, A new member in this site also i am a beginner in web designing career.

I want to ask what is the difference between the administrator job and the other users job?

also what is the difference between the login and the register?

thanks in advance

domedia
04-03-2010, 08:55 PM
Hi Hope,
Can you try to elaborate on what you are talking about?

Are you talking about users of a certain system?

hope
04-03-2010, 11:31 PM
hi,

i need to know the difference between an administrator and any user logging on a website.

i know that the admin.has more access on the website database also on the options in the site

but i want to know can he solve a technical problem happen in the site

for example to access on the LOG file of the site or some how.

domedia
04-04-2010, 08:06 PM
Hi,
Again, are you talking about a specific system?
The answers have to be as vague as your questions.

This is going to be different depending on which website you are talking about. 'Administrator' could also mean different things, and has in no way a defined set of responsibilities that are the same on each website. It's a very general title.

i need to know the difference between an administrator and any user logging on a website.
This completely depends on the website you are referring to.

]i know that the admin.has more access on the website database also on the options in the site
Which website?

but i want to know can he solve a technical problem happen in the site

for example to access on the LOG file of the site or some how. If he has the access, then yes.

hope
04-04-2010, 09:33 PM
Again, are you talking about a specific system?

yes i am talking about a database web application,

i.e: i am constructing my own web site which is a medical site serve some patients and their doctors

so i need to know is it good to make the doctor himself the admin.? or to be myself the admin. and give the doctor some permissions?

thanks in advance

mangofreak
04-05-2010, 03:51 AM
I would think it all depends what you have planned or what are the requirements or limitations that your project requires. If you own the project, then you should posses all the admin options. If don't own the project and someone else is paying you, then it would depend on the contract you have.

A suggestion would be to establish the level of access you/your client will have, then perhaps you have a Super admin, admin, a user

Super admin can do everything from Adding/Editing/deleting, creating other tables and so on.

An admin just maintains the existing database and the user only reads the db or whatever you want it to read.

Does that help? hope so. :)

hope
04-05-2010, 02:44 PM
yes thanks alot

domedia
04-05-2010, 03:03 PM
yes i am talking about a database web application,
Ok, that is not what I meant :)
That we're talking about a web application goes without saying.

so i need to know is it good to make the doctor himself the admin.? or to be myself the admin. and give the doctor some permissions?
This is something you need to figure out with your client.