PDA

View Full Version : does anybody use this action="."

nanny
03-30-2010, 03:40 AM
Hi I came across a script that uses this in all its forms. I haven't used this but if anybody can explain to me I would appreciate what it does - if anything other than leaving it empty being the same action.

davidj
03-30-2010, 05:42 AM
Its submitting to the same directory.

There must be an index.php file in there or its posting back to itself.

Never seen it before though

nanny
03-30-2010, 10:50 PM
Yes it is new to me but I liked the structure of showing all on the one page.
I actually want to do a product listing catalogue type of thing not a cart. A viewer selects the drop down options and give the products available and their dimensions etc.

I haven't started it yet but the reason I liked the script I am talking about is that when you add options/features/attributes they all dynamically become a dropdown within the search.
http://www.insalonspa.com/Search.png

I have never seen that before either. The reason I want to start from scratch is one so I can learn how to do it and two the primary key is the image id not the product id and you can't edit the image without deleting it and then you lose the whole product. The concept is great though.

So if I start the tables and try and put mulitple forms onto the one page I am going to have a list of functions aren't I? Not my forte, but learning. I don't know if assigning classes would be quicker for the script actions. What do you think?

Cheers
Theresa