PDA

View Full Version : "Cannot put file"

Langsider
03-29-2010, 06:12 PM
Hi to the forum, first post.

I have learned quite a bit about web development over the past 2 weeks which i am now trying to put into practice, however I seem to be having a problem i cannot get to the bottom of - I am hoping it is something simple i have missed.

I have created a file for the site - just a test page. When I try to PUT it, I get the following message:

Error occurred - Unable to create remote folder /Cardleflooring/. Access denied. The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem. Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.
<fielname>\Untitled-1.html - user cancelled
File activity incomplete. 1 file(s) or folder(s) were not completed.

I have tested the connection to the host - ok.

I have contacted the host server admin and they can put files onto the site ok.

I have also toggled the passive ftp.

I have simply used a themed starter page as a test.

Any help appreciated.

DWcourse
03-29-2010, 06:42 PM
Dreamweaver is trying to create a folder on your server named "Cardleflooring" and apparently trying to di it in a directory where you don't have permission to create folders.

I suspect that you incorrectly defined the Remote Info when you originally set up your site.

Langsider
03-29-2010, 07:07 PM
Dreamweaver is trying to create a folder on your server named "Cardleflooring" and apparently trying to di it in a directory where you don't have permission to create folders.

I suspect that you incorrectly defined the Remote Info when you originally set up your site.

thanks DW - i'll check it out.