PDA

View Full Version : Editing an Image from a Dreamweaver Template

spazzer
03-25-2010, 07:38 PM
Hi,
I have used a template for a website in Dreamweaver CS3, I can't seem to edit the image to change the background colour or edit it at all, can someone advise me how I can edit a image from a downloaded template in Fireworks please ?

Thanks,
Nick Carter

d a v e
03-25-2010, 07:54 PM
can you post a copy of the image somewhere or a link to the site?
do you have a native fireworks png included in the template?

DWcourse
03-25-2010, 08:03 PM
Are you trying to edit a single image from the template?

Is the template a Dreamweaver template (.dwt) or just an image?

spazzer
03-25-2010, 09:12 PM
Hi,
I have attached the image I would like to edit, the image has extra bits to the side and bottom that form part of the webpage, all I want to do is insert my own image in place of the image shown whilst keeping the rest intact as it forms part of the webpage, here is a link to the site I downloaded the template from, its the one called beauty salon:

http://www.freewebsitetemplates.com/template2.php

Thanks for Help,
Nick C :grin:

DWcourse
03-25-2010, 09:30 PM
It looks like that image is pic_1.jpg. All you need to do is replace it in the images folder with an image with the same name and exactly the same dimensions (252 x 292 pixels).

spazzer
03-25-2010, 09:47 PM
Hi,
Thanks for reply, I thought that just replacing the image might work but if you take a look at the the side to the left of the image it looks like there is extra work been added to the jpg i.e. rounded corners etc, if i just replace the image with one of my own will this also delete the extra rounded corners that make up part of the webpage etc that are extra to the image ?

Thanks for help,
Nick C

DWcourse
03-25-2010, 10:04 PM
Hi,
if i just replace the image with one of my own will this also delete the extra rounded corners that make up part of the webpage etc that are extra to the image ?

Yes, so what is the problem that you can't edit the image. The one you posted opens right up in Photoshop.

spazzer
03-25-2010, 10:07 PM
That's where the problem is then because I don't have Photoshop in my CS3 suite !, any suggestions apart from obviously buying Photoshop !

Cheers,
Nick C

DWcourse
03-25-2010, 10:11 PM
Do you have Fireworks or another image editor? Just open the file directly in there and edit.

spazzer
03-25-2010, 10:21 PM
OK, I have Fireworks open and have copied image to desktop, opened it in Fireworks but can only select the whole thing, all I want to do is cut the photo img and replace with my own, I cant just delete the image, I'm not good with Fireworks so maybe you could advise what I'm doing wrong ?

DWcourse
03-25-2010, 10:43 PM
Sorry, I'm not familiar with Fireworks either.

edbr
03-26-2010, 01:04 AM
you could try GIMP, its a free image editor that tries to 'clone ' photoshop

d a v e
03-26-2010, 08:38 AM
spazzer - email me your new image (perferably as an uncompressed fireworks png or similar, otherwise a jpeg will do to

gekkoweb[at]gmail.com

(replace [at] with @ )

An72
10-28-2010, 08:27 AM
In editing an images in Dreamweaver resample adds from a resized JPEG and GIF image files to match the appearance of the original image as closely as possible. You can resample it to accommodate its new dimensions. Crop edit images by reducing the area of the image. Brightness and contrast modifies within pixels in an image. Sharpen adjusts the focus of an image by increasing the contrast of edges found within the image. When you scan an image, or take a digital photo, the default action of most image capturing software is to soften the edges of objects in the image. This prevents extremely fine details from becoming lost in the pixels from which digital images are composed.Bring out the details in digital image files, it is often necessary to sharpen the image, thereby increasing edge contrast, and making the image appear sharper.