PDA

View Full Version : Having an image hang over the left side of the container?

thedon
03-24-2010, 02:13 PM
Hi,
I have seen websites with pictures that look like it is hanging over the top left hand side of there website and background. How does one achieve this?
Or do they just make the content bigger then what it looks like and have the pic in the wrapper, for eg the content width is 800px and the wrapper is 1000px which makes it look like the picture is hanging over the side.

Corrosive
03-24-2010, 03:18 PM
Could be. Or maybe negative margins or absolute positioning.

BTW, what is a 'Ladyboy Test' and is it suitable for this forum?

domedia
03-24-2010, 05:36 PM
Don, do you have an example of such a website.Then we could look at the source and determine how it was done.

gentleone
03-24-2010, 05:48 PM
Didn't you ask this question before???
I believe I answerd it?
Hold on...

gentleone
03-24-2010, 05:53 PM
I thought so!
http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35302

I think we're dealing with a fake member with its 'ladyboy test' in his signature.

Corrosive
03-24-2010, 06:11 PM
I thought so!
http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35302

I think we're dealing with a fake member with its 'ladyboy test' in his signature.

No, thedon has been around for a while. Not a fake member. Did you pass the ladyboy test?

gentleone
03-24-2010, 06:25 PM
No, thedon has been around for a while. Not a fake member. Did you pass the ladyboy test?

Ohkay... well, than your answer lies in your previous post, thedon!

Ladyboy Test??? Uhm... no! Not really... should I feel lucky now or disappointed? :(
But I did got some bad IT support from a company in Bristol or so... is this worth to mention? :)

Corrosive
03-24-2010, 06:31 PM
Ladyboy Test??? Uhm... no! Not really... should I feel lucky now or disappointed? :(

You decide!

But I did got some bad IT support from a company in Bristol or so... is this worth to mention? :)

I'll let the owner know. I'm sure he'd like a callout to Rhodes!

gentleone
03-24-2010, 06:37 PM
I'll let the owner know. I'm sure he'd like a callout to Rhodes!

hahaha.. tell him not to forget his suncream :cool: