PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver Help - New User

FCClyds
03-17-2010, 05:30 PM
Hi

I've recently built a webpage using Dreamweaver, but it views differently depnding on the browser thats used. How do I get the page to view the same way in all browsers?

Thanks

Corrosive
03-17-2010, 05:47 PM
That really is about experience in the end but you can make your life easier by making sure you use div and CSS based layout techniques and, beyond that, make sure you understand the CSS box model and the difference between absolute and relative positioning. Other than that, post a link so we can take a look at your specific problems.

FCClyds
03-17-2010, 07:58 PM
Thanks very much for the info.

Site is www.fcclydach.co.uk (http://www.fcclydach.co.uk)

Nowt too spectacular but any help much appreciated.

Cheers

Corrosive
03-17-2010, 08:04 PM
OK, you have basically used the two methods I'd steer clear of for a web design (and mentioned earlier). Tables and absolute positioning (layers).

It's a common problem amongst DW noobs because it is a symptom of 'drawing' your page in 'Design View'.

I'm afraid you need to do a lot more studying and learning before you'll fix that. Start with the basics of CSS; http://w3schools.com/css/default.asp

FCClyds
03-17-2010, 08:07 PM
Cheers

I'll get cracking on the reading up.

Thanks again, much appreciated.

Corrosive
03-17-2010, 08:10 PM
Of course we can always help you out so feel free to ask questions :) and welcome to the forum btw.

d a v e
03-17-2010, 10:23 PM
not sure what font you used on the logo (looks like a modified Alexander Bold Oblique) but anyhow i redrew it for you because the one you have is quite choppy, if you want to use it ;)

DWcourse
03-17-2010, 10:45 PM
I'm not sure what version of Dreamweaver you're using but you might consider using one of Dreamweaver's built-in CSS layouts. And when you do, open the attached style sheet and read the comments. They'll go a long way towards explaining how the layout was put together.

FCClyds
03-18-2010, 05:54 PM
not sure what font you used on the logo (looks like a modified Alexander Bold Oblique) but anyhow i redrew it for you because the one you have is quite choppy, if you want to use it ;)

Thats great, thansk a lot much appreciated.

d a v e
03-18-2010, 05:58 PM
the 'font' i traced still looks quite poor so if you would like a version with a better font, either similar or otherwise nice i can do that for you easily enough, or you can keep that one ;)

FCClyds
03-18-2010, 06:21 PM
the 'font' i traced still looks quite poor so if you would like a version with a better font, either similar or otherwise nice i can do that for you easily enough, or you can keep that one ;)

Thats a vast improvement on what was there before thanks. Looks great to me. Legend.

Cheers

sofia24
04-07-2010, 09:12 AM
I can not upload to remote site. I Can connect and get, but can't put. Does anybody know whats happening??

(http://www.britishlogodesign.co.uk/)

edbr
04-07-2010, 09:20 AM
possibly folder permissions on your site.
please read rules regarding signatures