PDA

View Full Version : Clicking Refresh sometimes displays page correctly !!!

spazzer
03-16-2010, 07:30 PM
Hi,
A problem I haven't had before, can anyone explain why when I click on this page of my site

http://www.eustonfishingclub.com/Gallery/index.html

that the photo album doesn't appear in IE but when I click refresh page sometimes the rest of the page displays correctly, I haven't had this problem before can anyone advise on this odd behaviour the page displays fine in other browsers ?

Thanks,
Nick C :grin:

spazzer
03-16-2010, 09:27 PM
Hi Again,
It seems to have something to do with the Flash Music Player that I inserted above the gallery, it only affects IE can anyone help please ?

Hi,
A problem I haven't had before, can anyone explain why when I click on this page of my site

http://www.eustonfishingclub.com/Gallery/index.html

that the photo album doesn't appear in IE but when I click refresh page sometimes the rest of the page displays correctly, I haven't had this problem before can anyone advise on this odd behaviour the page displays fine in other browsers ?

Thanks,
Nick C :grin:

Corrosive
03-17-2010, 08:12 AM
I find that even IE8 is still a bit 'buggy' with javascript. Especially when you have multiple scripts in a page. It seems to cause conflicts. Try unplugging some of your items and re-test. See if you can narrow down the offending article. Also you may get a small yellow 'warning' triangle in IE. Click on this if it is there and it may reveal the problem.

spazzer
03-17-2010, 08:27 AM
Hi,
Thanks for reply, I will do as you say and see what happens, thanks, this really annoying because this the final piece in my site to include before I submit for my exam piece for marking, its a real headache, I wish there was a simple way to include a sound of any sort to my site because once completed it will be deleted after marking as I dont like sound on websites anyway!
I had a sound included before but had problems with Opera so tried a different way, any advice as always would be appreciated !

Thanks Again for Reply,
Nick C