PDA

View Full Version : Help with email Forms

Pault22
03-11-2010, 10:54 AM
Hi, I'm VERY new to Dreamweaver, but loving it - getting consumed with it actually!
:mrgreen:
But I wanted to know if anyone could help me?
I'd like to know how I go about setting up a way where: when someone clicks on an object it takes them to an email form with the objects information pre-populated in the email form?

Thanks in advance
Paul

Corrosive
03-11-2010, 12:30 PM
Hi Paul and welcome to DWC. When you say 'object' could you be a little bit more specific please?

Pault22
03-11-2010, 12:37 PM
Like if i was selling a product - and if the consumer wants to buy it he can click on the button for examle: 'place order', then it pe-populates an email form with all the product details, ready for the customer to enter further details and send. Almost like an invoice?

Corrosive
03-11-2010, 12:45 PM
OK, my idea would be to have a form with hidden fields for the product details and only the button shows. Pass the hidden fields into another form using PHP. I.e. submit the form, it posts the details into variables and then you echo those variables into your purchase form for the customer to finish up and make their purchase.

If you are looking at e-commerce then I'd recommend a pre-built solution rather building your own. Options are things like zencart, magento, OS Commerce and so on.

Corrosive
03-11-2010, 01:37 PM
Thinking about it. If you want a good demo of using hidden fields behind a button then look at how Paypal set up their 'buy now' or 'add to cart' buttons.

Pault22
03-15-2010, 07:09 AM
Thanks for the help Corrosive
sory for the late reply - but i thought i would get another email notification when soemone responds again?

Anyway - going to look those pre-built options today. I've been learning to use CSS - and still gotta learn PHP !!:)

Peace

Corrosive
03-15-2010, 07:11 AM
Hi Paul. If you read your notification e-mails they all say; "There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again."

Good luck with your project.

Pault22
03-15-2010, 09:41 AM
cool
Thanks