PDA

View Full Version : Different position of _.swf in IE and FF

gore.m
03-06-2010, 04:39 PM
Hello,

Im trying to do www with flash on top off page.
I have done it, everything looks good in IE but in FF is flash object displaced.

Here is code of flash object:

<div id="wb_Flash1" style="position:absolute;left:357px;top:95px;width:507px; height:249px;z-index:15;" align="left">
<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="507" height="249" id="Flash1">
<param name="movie" value="imgnab/baner 2_01.swf">
<param name="quality" value="High">
<param name="scale" value="ExactFit">
<param name="wmode" value="Transparent">
<param name="play" value="true">
<param name="loop" value="true">
<param name="menu" value="false">
<param name="allowfullscreen" value="false">
<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="sameDomain">
<param name="sAlign" value="L">
<embed src="imgnab/baner 2_01.swf" width="507" height="249" quality="High" wmode="Transparent" loop="true" play="true" menu="false" allowfullscreen="false" allowscriptaccess="sameDomain" scale="ExactFit" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">
</embed>
</object>
</div>

thanks you

Corrosive
03-07-2010, 08:47 AM
Try using a relatively positioned div as part of the page flow rather than absolute.

gore.m
03-07-2010, 09:19 AM
Thanks! Now it is positioned almost same.

Id like to know... why has div|layer which include _.swf diffrent position in Dreamwaver and on web page?
I mean ... In Dreamweaver I have to place layer in diffrent position than browsers show it.

thanks you

Corrosive
03-07-2010, 09:33 AM
Layers are positioned according to the top left hand corner of the browser window unless they are nested in a relatively positioned div. Then they take their positioning from the top left hand corner of the div.

To build websites that display well you need to understand page flow and relative positioning or you'll see the problems you have now.

gore.m
03-07-2010, 09:45 AM
Thanks you:wink: