PDA

View Full Version : DW MX and shopping cart

dave-63
03-03-2010, 01:32 PM
Hi,
I have a site which I made using Dreamweaver MX, and recently been thinking of adding to it a shopping cart. Iíve done some research on the subject and it seems I need to use the extension facility.

Can someone advise on how I go about this?

Thanks
Dave

Corrosive
03-03-2010, 03:15 PM
If you've already got the site built then paypal offer various shopping cart solutions including 'add to cart' and 'buy now' buttons. Depends on how many products you have though.

dave-63
03-03-2010, 04:44 PM
Hi and thanks for your reply.

Initially I would only be looking at a few items so as to get the feel of it, and expand when I know I can provide a good service on a larger scale. So what you say does make sense.
As I would like the process as automated as possible, is there a simple way within PayPal that I could return a conformation/ receipt to the customer after they have made a purchase?

Thanks
Dave

Corrosive
03-03-2010, 04:48 PM
Yes. I believe that Paypal handles all that for you. You define what the product is in Paypal (you can also include variables such as sizes for clothes etc) and then it creates code for you to copy and paste into your site. Then customers get an itemised receipt.

The real beauty of Paypal is that you don't have to worry about any security as they do all that as well. Beware that they charge a % on some transactions though. Nothing in life is for free :)

dave-63
03-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Great! Will have a look now. Thanks again for your advice, its appreciated.

Regards
Dave

Corrosive
03-03-2010, 05:03 PM
OK, good luck.