PDA

View Full Version : Problems with anchors and AP elements

evilgoldfish
03-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Hi I've been experimenting with AP elements within CS4 and wanted to use Anchors in an AP Element. I am new to CS4 (Haven't used Dreamweaver since DW 8) so bit of a newbie. If anyone can tell me if this is possible and maybe direct me to some relevant tutorials it would be very much appreciated. I have set the maximum height of the AP Element in the CSS Properties as 440px. I have put a series of Anchors A, B,C etc down the layer and linked them to the alphabet at the top. (see image attached)
At the moment the anchors down the page appear in the element even though I set the max height of the AP element to 440. (If you look at the attached image the most I want to see at any one time in the element would be within the red box.)
Ideally I wouldn't want to see all A- Z anchors down the page but would rather have it that when you press Z at the top for instance the page and layer stay the same width and height but the content of the layer simply jumps to Z. So the content in the element could be 1500px high but only 440 is ever seen in one go?
Also if this is completey the wrong way to go about it I am open to suggestions, again any tutorials would be much appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

DWcourse
03-01-2010, 07:12 PM
Try setting the CSS overflow property for the div to overflow: scroll;

In design view you'll still see all the content of the div but I believe it will work in your browser.

evilgoldfish
03-03-2010, 09:40 AM
Great thanks that worked a treat! And a lot easier than I thought it was going to be!