PDA

View Full Version : Booking a menu online

soundchaseruk
02-26-2010, 02:22 PM
I have been asked by a client if I can build a website for a takeaway whereby the customer can choose the food items from a menu and send them through by email to the Takeaway.

Is this possible ? and how ?
I am using DW CS3

Corrosive
02-26-2010, 03:20 PM
It is possible using a form to mail PHP script. Look at this tutorial http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/dreamweaver-php-form.php

soundchaseruk
02-26-2010, 03:36 PM
Sory I wasn't explicit enough. I meant it will be a food menu as in Takeaway. Boxes would have to be ticked and then somehow sent to the shop by email.

Is that possible ?

davidj
02-26-2010, 03:42 PM
you can do this using PHP and a MYSQL

You need to know how to wield these technologies of course as its not something you can just cut and paste.

Its not a difficult project really but I would say that looking at it from my perspective.

You need to start learning

soundchaseruk
02-26-2010, 04:09 PM
I think I shall tell my client that customers are better off reading the food menu online then picking up the phone !!! Getting food orders by email in a busy Takeaway will not work in my opinion.

Thanks anyway

domedia
02-26-2010, 05:59 PM
I have been asked by a client if I can build a website for a takeaway whereby the customer can choose the food items from a menu and send them through by email to the Takeaway.

Is this possible ? and how ?
I am using DW CS3

I've been approached with similar situations.
What we found out is that taking orders on phone works pretty well, so they ditched the idea.

tux
02-26-2010, 09:27 PM
You could do this if you know how as do the likes of Dominos Pizza's but if you are a local takeaway the phone will not be beaten.

edbr
02-27-2010, 12:14 AM
i also had this IMO it only works with advanced orders for take away i can see too many problems.

Corrosive
02-27-2010, 05:51 AM
You're right. Orders will get missed, customers will get pi**ed off and business will be lost! Sometimes even the phone doesn't get answered on Friday nights in my local eatery and you have to go down there.