PDA

View Full Version : Embedding mp3 to play in QuickTime

halcorp
02-25-2010, 05:55 PM
Hey guys,

I've been searching for sometime online to find the answer to my question!

I am trying to embed an mp3 in my webpage, but I want it to play in QuickTime - I know Flash players are often recommended, but to be honest I find them complicated and I like the visual simplicity of the QuickTime mp3 player - this is the simple small thin grey bar you see about the place. (Please let me know if it is another programme but sure it is QuickTime)

I can embed a video with no problems, but not just an mp3.

When i go Insert > Media > Plugin, and choose my .mp3 file, the page displays the QT logo in the background, and a question mark over it.

I tried converting the mp3 to an ACC file, but this results in the same thing, I also tried converting to a .mov, this results in the the sound playing but there being no controls, just a black bar - I'm assuming this is because .mov is for video and there is no video.

Is it a specific codec the file needs to have to be added in this way?

Any help would be appreciated!! 8)

davidj
02-26-2010, 12:40 PM
If you're omitting the flash option (Which is the best in this case) because its too hard to implement then you wont succeed as a good developer

What you need is a good player

i have one kicking about i wrote ages ago

Ill dig it out

halcorp
02-27-2010, 12:20 PM
Hi, thanks for the reply... but, I'm not a developer, just making a personal website, and like I said, it's not just that it is too hard - I have used this process before - but I also like the visual simplicity of the player. I'm yet to find another one that fits with my design aesthetic.

Is anyone able to help with the question asked?

Cheers...

domedia
02-27-2010, 07:30 PM
http://www.varal.org/media/niftyplayer/
this one should be pretty easy to implement

halcorp
03-01-2010, 11:30 AM
that one doesn't look too bad, I'll check it out, thanks 8)