PDA

View Full Version : Can someone check my site !!!

spazzer
02-25-2010, 11:13 AM
Hi All,
I have finally posted my site and was wondering if you guys can help out with bugs etc within it and give me some feedback please !

www.eustonfishingclub.com (http://eustonfishingclub.com)

Please bear in mind this is my first ever go at building a website so go easy !!!
There are some bugs etc and was wondering if you could take a look and give me some advice !

The play music buttons on the Gallery in Opera dont work and the music plays on page load, any advice on this would be appreciated !

Also my Flash Newsticker doesnt work at top of page can anyone assist with this !

Thanks for Help,
Nick Carter ;-)

gentleone
02-25-2010, 12:02 PM
Looks good!
In your code there can be some little improvements, but furthermore it does look good and organized too.

This you can skip!
<a name="TopofPage" id="TopofPage"></a>
Just use for the 'go to top' links the ID of the container div.

This you can skip as well!
<div id="navbar">
</div>
An ul tag is naturally a block element, so you you don't have to wrap it in a extra div (which is also a block element). Give the ul an ID and you can style it (maybe with some little adjustments) like you've styled the 'navbar' div.

Your 'Latest News" items you can better use for this an unordered as well, because you're listing up your latest news.

I've only checked your index.html page, but will check more later.

spazzer
02-25-2010, 12:59 PM
Thanks for input,I reaaly appreciate it, I have a problem with the Newsticker, It doesnt show at the top of the page, it is linked to a XML file in my site but I am thinking the path to link the .swf file and the .xml is not correct, can you possibly advise !!

Thanks Again,
Nick C

d a v e
02-25-2010, 02:35 PM
header is a bit weighty
try this http://gekkoweb.com/stuff/Header_efc.jpg

"photo's" doesn't have a an apostrophe ;)

it's a little be yellow and green for my liking but for a first attempt you're done really well!

had a quick look round and everything seemed pretty clear and well laid out! :)

domedia
02-25-2010, 04:17 PM
Welcome to the Euston Fishing Club Website !
It's spelled 'Houston'. I know because I was there two weeks ago. I almost stayed in Texas forever due to an alligator mommy whos little babies I did not see in the grass.

:wink:

Esmer
02-26-2010, 09:13 PM
Nice website, which hosting company did you sign up under?

spazzer
02-27-2010, 08:46 AM
Hi,
Thanks for comments, I signed up with EUKhost in the end, so far so good !
Thanks again,
Nick C

spazzer
03-02-2010, 02:31 PM
Hi,
I have noticed the Reports Page of my site doesn't work properly in IE6

http://www.eustonfishingclub.com

there were a couple of problems flagged in the validation panel at the bottom of dreamweaver, can anyone assist and also I only have IE6 on mywork computer can anyone advise how I can test on my home laptop with IE6 ?

Thanks,
Nick C ;-)

edbr
03-03-2010, 01:11 AM
ietester is what i use

JonnyJ
03-03-2010, 01:01 PM
Aesthetically, have you considered changing the background color? It feels a bit heavy and eye catching to me. Perhaps just a while background would open the site up.

All in all the layout is quite clean considering it's your first site, so nicely done!