PDA

View Full Version : Photo file preview before upload - is it really possible ?

songboy
02-23-2010, 08:34 PM
I want to let contributors upload a photo for their page. I've created a html/php page which allows an upload and then the upload is viewable in two sizes. What I'd like to do is give the contributor a chance to view the first photo choice and then, if they prefer, browse for another and then view that. I have got into some weird coding involving copy, unlink etc. Basically, a current file is deleted and a new file is uploaded and viewed. Then on submit the cycle begins again. The only problem is it only works as a cycle if the refresh is activated - not very useful really. I have thought about creating new directories, uploading, viewing photo, moving the file etc etc but I have exhausted my creative options.
On googling I found some javascript possibilities only to discover that viewing a file before upload from the local machine is not allowable eg in Firefox (a security issue).
Could someone tell me if it is possible and permissable to view different photo files before upload and databasing. If it is, could you tell me where to find out more about it.
Thanks -
Songboy