PDA

View Full Version : Most wanted features for Dreamweaver CS5

DWcourse
02-23-2010, 06:43 PM
I'm putting together a blog post on features that would be nice to see in CS5. Anyone here have some suggestions?

kearnsy
02-23-2010, 08:28 PM
spell check for the entire site

Corrosive
02-24-2010, 07:05 AM
That is a great shout Kearnsy but it must have many language options including UK English. I found myself spelling colour without a 'u' the other day. Too much CSS I reckon :o

davidj
02-24-2010, 07:26 AM
Improved IntelliSense which provides a dropdown selector displaying methods and properties.

A class explorer where i can see my methods and properties.

PHP reference window. When i highlight a function i get a detailed explanation and implementation example with some additional suggested functions.

A bloody good Regular Expression helper

brace balancing ghost lines as seen in notepad++

If Dreamweaver has to have 'code generation' functionality then they should setup a call centre to help those that need to do something which Adobe forgot to write a button for. This will save a lot of forum posts and in turn lots of carbons which will save the world and my sanity.

davidj
02-24-2010, 10:29 AM
That is a great shout Kearnsy but it must have many language options including UK English. I found myself spelling colour without a 'u' the other day. Too much CSS I reckon :o
And Geordie!

domedia
02-25-2010, 03:51 PM
If Dreamweaver has to have 'code generation' functionality then they should setup a call centre to help those that need to do something which Adobe forgot to write a button for. This will save a lot of forum posts and in turn lots of carbons which will save the world and my sanity. :mrgreen: Love it

DWcourse
02-25-2010, 04:31 PM
they should setup a call centre to help

Well, if we're getting into the realm of fantasy…

edbr
02-26-2010, 07:42 AM
how about a phone a friend option?

Corrosive
02-26-2010, 07:49 AM
How about a 'reality check'. A question box pops up..."Did you buy Dreamweaver because you thought it would build your website for you?" If the answer is "yes" it closes down, wipes the disk and posts itself back to Adobe.

domedia
02-26-2010, 06:52 PM
Would be nice if you could select another FTP application from the preferences.. but doubt that is ever going to happen ;)

DWcourse
02-27-2010, 04:54 AM
Would be nice if you could select another FTP application from the preferences.. but doubt that is ever going to happen ;)

That's not a bad idea although I guess that would would lose all the synchronization info (which has always seemed iffy to me anyway)