PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Layouts

bountyben
02-23-2010, 09:16 AM
Hi I wondered if you can help me. I have created a website design in Fireworks and have sliced and exported it into Dreamweaver to create the site but am having trouble with the main body of the website. Basically I have added some boxes with text in to the Dreamweaver design but when I transfer it into Dreamweaver the text is part of the slices so is uneditable. Can anyone tell me how to export editable text areas from fireworks please?
Also if it possible to make objects created in fireworks expandable within Dreamweaver, for example if I was to create a box on my page design for text in fireworks is it possible to make it expand as text is entered in Dreamweaver

kearnsy
02-23-2010, 10:15 AM
Hi Ben, i'm no expert, but from what i've read, it's best to do any text inside of dreamweaver

bountyben
02-23-2010, 10:50 AM
Hi, thanks for your response. I have tried to do this but the formatting keeps being thrown out when i add text and images. I have had a template before that allowed me to do this but the one i have created does not.

gentleone
02-23-2010, 01:39 PM
Can anyone tell me how to export editable text areas from fireworks please?It's not possible I believe. Like kearnsy said... just do your text in Dreamweaver and use web safe fonts. If you have headings with special fonts then you save them as images and set them as background to the H1, H2, (whatever headings you have), etc. tags.

Also if it possible to make objects created in fireworks expandable within Dreamweaver, for example if I was to create a box on my page design for text in fireworks is it possible to make it expand as text is entered in DreamweaverIt can, but this depends on your box design. Normally you use the backgound repeat with a 1px height or width image. If you have a very complex/detaild background in your box design then its another story and will most likely look horrible if you want to stretch it to the size of the content.