PDA

View Full Version : Creating this page

Esmer
02-21-2010, 04:55 PM
I am looking to create a page where it allows users to post something they want to sell I want to create such site using dream weaver cs4, however when they post it will costs them 25 cents. Is this possible to create using dream weaver or do I need something else? If anyone knows and would like to help me, I will be very thankful :). Thanks, Esmer

domedia
02-21-2010, 08:13 PM
Dreamweaver is just a productivity tool. If you're not a web designer already, you might want to looked for a canned solution.
This sounds like online classifieds.
I did a Google search, plenty of results, but I have no experience with any of them.

http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GGLS_enUS330US330&aq=1&oq=php+classif&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=php+classifieds+script

You could make your own in Dreamweaver, but it wold require you to know some things, like how web pages work, how to design databases, and at least the concept of data driven websites. Plus all the ecommerce stuff.

Has anyone else made something similar?

Esmer
02-21-2010, 11:16 PM
Thank you for your response, I will research more towards this topic with the link you provided. I am still open to more ideas though.

Corrosive
02-22-2010, 06:02 AM
I think Domedia has covered it there and given you an honest assessment. Like most things in life you can learn it (and probably do it in DW but I'd hate to see the surplus code) and do it yourself, buy a ready-made solution and learn to alter that to match exactly what you want to do or pay someone. Obviously learning it will take longer but you'll have a skill for life or paying someone gets you up and trading much more quickly so you can concentrate on promoting your site but you need a decent start up budget. Good luck with it :)

edbr
02-22-2010, 06:24 AM
im fairly sure you will find something like this with joomla

gentleone
02-22-2010, 10:25 AM
im fairly sure you will find something like this with joomla

Indeed... Joomla with the VirtueMart component will do the trick... but still you need a descent understanding of HTML & CSS... I'm the last couple of weeks deep, deep, deep into 'headache' Joomla, so I know for sure :mrgreen: