PDA

View Full Version : editable attribute and visited link clash

jax23
02-21-2010, 04:52 PM
aim- for the link text (for the page you are on) to be a set colour (using template editable attributes), and it to still be able to over-ride the visited a tag colour (acually just want the visited to be the same as the normal a tag colour).

Have it working by adding a .NoStyle class to my links (in the editable attribute section of my template). And on the pages changing the one link (in template properties) to the .activeLinkColour, I have set to white.

Currently the visited a tag is set to no colour but ofcourse I get the defult purple, if I add a visited colour my white .activeLinkColour is overridden.

have tried grouping the visited with the a tag, and removing visted altogther but this didnt work. Also tried adding the links classes to external stylesheet, thinking the embedded .activeLinkColour style would take presidence.

any ideas? sorry couldnt explain in less words. thanks

DWcourse
02-21-2010, 04:54 PM
try defining an .activeLinkColour:visited style rule either grouped with or matching the .activeLinkColour rule

jax23
02-21-2010, 06:36 PM
perfect, I added this class (as you segested) as colour white and all is well.

All very logical really, will try and be a Vulcan when faced with my next issue.

thanks very much for your speedy response