PDA

View Full Version : SpryMenuBar Cells show only up-half of text

Sir Robin
02-20-2010, 01:09 PM
The Cells of my SpryMenu Bar (vertical) show only the upper half of the text.
It is, as if the Cell has an upper margin, which pushes the text down.

DreamWeaver shows the cell and text fine; Firefox and IE show only upper half of text.

SpryMenuBarVertical.css says ominously:

/* Submenus should appear slightly overlapping to the right (95%) and up (-5%) with a higher z-index, but they are initially off the left side of the screen (-1000em) */

Wether or not this has any connection to my probldem, I do not have a clue of.

Yours
Sir Robin

Sir Robin
02-20-2010, 02:25 PM
.......... Hooray! The bottom of stupidity has been reaqched! I seem to hava tried to answer my own question! Sorry about this!

DWcourse
02-21-2010, 01:06 AM
Not sure if you figured things out but I'd guess that you've set a height value for the link style rule (ul.MenuBarVertical a or maybe another rule) that doesn't allow enough height for the entire text to show. I'd remove any height property you added and allow the height of the link "button" to be determined by the text height and the padding.

If that's not it, we'd need a link to be able to figure things out.

And, no, that comment from the style sheet doesn't have anything to do with your problem.

Sir Robin
02-21-2010, 06:36 AM
Yess! Thanks DWcourse. That indeed was the case. Hysterical shuffling of the keyboard - accompanied with loud crying out mantras - removed a mysterious field, which hampered the menubar to extend. Thank you!