PDA

View Full Version : A wierdy in DW CS4. A CSS thing, I think

SadruddinW
02-19-2010, 09:45 AM
Hmm. My site is at www.li-uk.co.uk. The CSS is at stsc.css.

On all my pages - taking index.htm as the simplest, the textbox div can't be selected within in DWCS4. That is, when I click to access the text, it highlights the whole box, and I can't access the data in design view at all, but have to go into code view. This is not only irritating, but if I don't notice, it can mean I amend the css for the textbox by mistake.

Any ideas?

S

edbr
02-19-2010, 10:01 AM
line 28 or 29
<p />In this website, lose the <p />

SadruddinW
02-19-2010, 10:23 AM
OK. Done. But it doesn't actually make any difference to the initial problem.

S

gentleone
02-19-2010, 10:47 AM
There are a few things not right in your code, but I'm not going to try explain how to solve them in Design View, because I don't know that anymore. The last time I worked in design view is 6 years ago.

Here are the things and to correct them go into code view, so that you also get familiar with doing stuff in code view.

<body class = "front-page">
should be: <body class="front-page">

<p />In this website, you will find details of:
should be: <p>In this website, you will find details of:</p>

<p class="headstyle" />
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><span class="basicblack">ŠLi-uk 2008 Site design by </span><a href="mailto:steve@aswab.co.uk"><em>steve@aswab.co.uk</em></a></p>
These paragraphs don't look healthy at all... open and close it correctly.

Your div structure is a bit messed up. You close with three </div> tags while they are not opened (just above your google analytics code).
</div></div></div>
<script type="text/javascript">
Remove those </div> tags and your initial problem is solved.

gentleone
02-19-2010, 10:54 AM
Final thing... your google analytics code should be right before your closing </body> tag.

SadruddinW
02-19-2010, 11:22 AM
OK. Thanks. I'll get on that tonight.

The design thing is weird, but if I double click the box it edits. Can't understand why it needs it here specifically, and not on any other sites, but that's less of a problem than it working.

Thanks for the other edits, and for taking the time.

S

gentleone
02-19-2010, 11:24 AM
The final, final thing :)
You forgot to close the <html> tag at the bottom of your code/page.
Add </html> after </body>

I have to mention that this is only what I've checked on your index.html, so check also your other pages.

gentleone
02-19-2010, 11:26 AM
The design thing is weird, but if I double click the box it edits. Can't understand why it needs it here specifically

It might be because your div structure is not right.

DWcourse
02-19-2010, 02:40 PM
Don't quote me on this but I think it has to do with absolutely positioned divs (which you shouldn't have used). That and the fact that your page structure needs fixed.