PDA

View Full Version : Can dreamweaver do this?

silver surfer
02-17-2010, 04:30 PM
I've got an image of a town map. Each building has a hot spot over it, which calls an image swap. What I would like to do is, have specific buildings on the map highlight in someway. I know you can apply spry effects to whole images in AP divs or to text links, but can you apply some kind of effect to a specific part of an image? A glow for example.
Regards
Silver Surfer.

d a v e
02-17-2010, 04:39 PM
you would have to slice up your map and then insert each slice into its own div (or make sure they line up ok when they just flow in the document) if the maps not too big you and quite small filesize (say around 15k if it's a simple gif/png-8) then you could simply swap the wholer image each time. easier to advise if we could see the map

you can use the behavoiurs in DW to do this.

silver surfer
02-17-2010, 04:43 PM
What i'm trying to do is once the page has opened, have certain parts (buildings) glow on their own, without the user doing anything.
See the map here at web site The Whitby Seagull, see interactive map, pick a map to view.

domedia
02-17-2010, 04:45 PM
Sounds like the markup would be an unordered list of buildings (ul, li).
The image of the town map could be the background image of the UL, and each building could be the background of each LI. Position the LI's on the right spot and then change the background image on hover.

silver surfer
02-17-2010, 04:48 PM
would that not mean the user activating the effect? i'm looking to see the buildings glow on their own.

silver surfer
02-17-2010, 04:51 PM
I suppose i'm trying to animate the page

domedia
02-17-2010, 05:17 PM
You know this sounds like a job for flash..

silver surfer
02-17-2010, 05:23 PM
Cheers, i'll have a look into flash. gulp.