PDA

View Full Version : cetralising pages

soundchaseruk
02-17-2010, 08:52 AM
Hi I am using a Dreamweaver template and can't for the life of me see how to get all 3 pages to be cenralised. I have made no changes to the CSS but the first page is perfect but others not.

I have checked the margins and they are set to 0 but I really want this to look correct.

Can someone please check the site out and suggest how I can acheive the right look ?

I am quite new to DW and using CS3

www.goldencrown-chinese.co.uk (http://www.goldencrown-chinese.co.uk)

Corrosive
02-17-2010, 09:07 AM
If you check the tutorials on this site there is one for centering pages using a 'wrapper' and CSS. Check it out.

gentleone
02-17-2010, 09:12 AM
Through the table mess I could see the issue.

On the index.html you have set a width and a center aligning, while on the other two pages not.

<table width="1089" border="0" align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">

Corrosive
02-17-2010, 09:19 AM
Through the table mess

Don't forget those funky spacer gifs!

gentleone
02-17-2010, 11:49 AM
Don't forget those funky spacer gifs!

I couldn't look any longer... it hurts my eyes :eek:

soundchaseruk
02-17-2010, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the replies. I have not read the thread yet but tried inserting the same code for table alignment into the menu and about us pages without effect.

I shall now read the tutorial on wrapping

soundchaseruk
02-17-2010, 01:16 PM
Can i ask if one of you could post the coding which will centre up the other two pages for me. ? I have tried inserting as above message, but to no avail. This DW template doesn't seem to show any CSS either. I know this has to be easy but inserting the right code in the right place seems to be evading me

edbr
02-18-2010, 12:17 AM
if you have made the wrapper div as advised then your content will go
<div id="wrapper>

all your content so far goes here

</div>
</body>
</html>
if you are using design view select all your content insert>Layout objects >Div Tag >

then select wrap around selection then select your wrapper div. At least work in split view though if you choose this way so you can see what it does to your code

gentleone
02-18-2010, 10:16 AM
Underneath the opening <body> tag you start with your table. On the index.html you start the table with the code I've posted earlier, while on the other two pages you start this table with this:
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
Do you see the difference??? If so, correct it!

BUT! Dis the whole table thing for your next project/website, because it's sooooooooooo NOT good!!!