PDA

View Full Version : Image map over bg image & form layout promblem?

scifin
02-17-2010, 01:13 AM
Making changes to a site I built for a client and she wants a button to become a fan of her facebook on the contact page: http://www.nkconfections.com.previewdns.com/contact.html
I have tried to fit the button in the table that has the form but it just messes up the layout of the form; same goes if I try adjusting the height or width of the table or the div it is in. What I did to get around the problem is make a background image for the "content" div that has the picture of the button in the place it needs to be. Now how do I make it so it is clickable? There is no way I can find to add an image map on a background image in DW CS4; there is a clock on this because I need to have the site finished in a few days based on the agreement I made with the client.

Also, in the "Event Location" box, for some reason the words are split really far apart even though there is only a single space between them. To make things worse, in IE the "Phone" & "Number Of Guests" fields are off to the right and not next to the other fields where they should be.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

edbr
02-17-2010, 01:52 AM
add an app dive with a transparent image if ness and make that the clickablle link

only link without <br />
<td> E-Mail:<br />
<input name="email" type="text" size="18" /></td>
<td>Event Location:<br />

scifin
02-17-2010, 03:00 AM
Pretend I have no idea what you are trying to tell me; that would be helpful. lol. I've never heard of an app dive and am not sure what you mean with the code you posted.

edbr
02-17-2010, 04:18 AM
sorry typo i meant ap div as in absolutely positioned div, if you put that inside a 'parent div with the bacck ground pic you ban add a transparent gik but make that clickable as a link

re the code where you have a space in your term Event Location put <br /> after it or simply press shift enter after in in design view (windows anyway)

scifin
02-17-2010, 08:21 AM
OK. Got the form sorted. Thanks. I've never done an absolutely positioned div before. My client says to give the facebook thing a half hour more of my attention and then just scrap it. I'll research how to do the div and see if I can figure it out or not; either way, thanks again for the help. Can't believe I missed the stupid break.