PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver 8 Scroll Bar Question

Mini
02-16-2010, 06:41 PM
Iím working on a custom website and I was wondering if anyone new how to create a custom scrollbar for a dreamweaver 8 document. Iíve currently been using the code below for my scroll bars but with this code the scroll bar is always the same shape and color. If anyone has any suggestions Iíd be so relieved.

example:

<style type="text/css">
body {
font: 11px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
}
div#content {
width: 200px;
height: 200px;
background: #ccc;
overflow: scroll;
}
</style>

<div id="content">
<p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Nunc dapibus sagittis orci. Mauris magna elit, facilisis a, imperdiet ac, imperdiet a, velit. Vivamus augue tortor, pellentesque in, aliquam ac, vulputate nec, arcu. Suspendisse dolor risus, porttitor vel, luctus sit amet, rhoncus quis, turpis. Proin ut neque.</p>
</div>

domedia
02-16-2010, 08:59 PM
The scrollbar is part of the browser, so I don't think anyone except IE let's you change it, and it's not part of the CSS standard:

body {
scrollbar-face-color:#8080FF;
scrollbar-arrow-color:#FFFFFF;
scrollbar-track-color:#DDDDFF;
scrollbar-shadow-color:'';
scrollbar-highlight-color:'';
scrollbar-3dlight-color:'';
scrollbar-darkshadow-Color:'';
}

Mini
02-16-2010, 09:07 PM
Alright then, I'm starting to realize that what I'm actually looking for is a way to make my custom designed image slider work. I designed one in fireworks already, now I just need to figure out how to make it actually work. The image slider will be placed within the custom designed website. I need to place it there so that the length of the site will always be consistent.

Thanks.

DWcourse
02-16-2010, 10:47 PM
People go to an awful lot of trouble to keep the height of their pages the same and it seems like a waste to me.

First of all everyone has different height monitors.

Second, a scrolling div seems much less user friendly than just scrolling the page.

Finally people get use to the scroll bars their system provides, why make them look different and confuse them?

Mini
02-16-2010, 10:53 PM
hmmmmmmmmm

edbr
02-17-2010, 12:15 AM
theres always javascript i guess i yahoogled a few here http://www.java2s.com/Code/JavaScript/GUI-Components/ScrollBar.htm

Mini
02-17-2010, 01:25 AM
Hey Thanks. That's pretty much what I was looking for. I decided I really want to use code for this project rather that flash.