PDA

View Full Version : how to get repeat images in a table?

Brian110
02-16-2010, 01:09 AM
hello,

I am a totally newbie, I just got into Dreamweaver about five days ago. I'm very familiar with tables and creating websites, but the Dreamweaver layout is totally different from what I'm used to.

I've created a nice website layout in Photoshop. I did all my slicing, and even sliced out the side edges of the website so the edges can be repeated so I can extend the sites length with the repeating left and right sidebars.

The only problem is, how can I accomplish this. Once you import a Photoshop layouts, the images are placed within table cells correct? So hypothetically, I can click on one of the side table cells, and tell it to use it as a background image and somehow tell it to repeat it?

Basically I'm trying to create a template, but a template where I can extend its length as needed. so how is this achieved, do you know of any good youtube videos I can watch that explains this procedure? if not, I've been more happy with any articles that can explain this. As I'm quite sure it will be difficult to explain this in a forum. But if you like to explain it, feel free to do so.

Corrosive
02-16-2010, 05:55 AM
The only problem is, how can I accomplish this. Once you import a Photoshop layouts, the images are placed within table cells correct?

Correct. That is why it is not the way a website is built. The correct way has been discussed many times on this forum so I won't go back over it sufficed to say that you need to research CSS and div based layouts.