PDA

View Full Version : Why arent my pages showing?

liverfarm
02-14-2010, 11:05 PM
Hi guys,
I hope i am putting this in the right section of the forum, i wasnt too sure.

I have created a site for a client using Flash CS3 and coded it with AS3 and put the final SWF into a page in dreamweaver that i am loading up to the server via FTP. I have made sure all the .txt files i am calling in my flash movie are all uploaded with the site.
My problem is, is that text for three of the pages isnt showing up. If i test the site in dreamweaver, it works fine. But when i upload it and check it, three pages in particular are staying blank

any help would be awesome, this is driving me mad haha
thanks in advance

(if this isnt the right spot for this question if you could re direct me, thatd be great :P)

edbr
02-14-2010, 11:57 PM
post a link to your site

liverfarm
02-15-2010, 12:00 AM
here is where i am temporarily running it from until i get the clients proper ftp details

http://www.tristantait.net/pagesROCK/test.html

edbr
02-15-2010, 12:22 AM
this is a flash problem i think looking at the http://www.tristantait.net/pagesROCK/website.swf
as you say there are a few pages not showing text but are being searhed for. i would recheck the paths again check for spaces, uppercas characters typos etc . seems odd some will display while others not.

liverfarm
02-15-2010, 12:35 AM
thanks, yeah i was thinking that. Only problem is that when i test the page with dreamweaver (F12) the pages work fine. It seems to only not work when i upload them onto the server which made me think it may be a dreamweaver thing. Ill triple check that everything is being uploaded properly though

DWcourse
02-15-2010, 04:03 AM
Are the links to the text files relative to the flash page or relative to the site's root folder?

liverfarm
02-16-2010, 11:43 PM
Thanks for the replies guys, I found the problem.
There was a few issues with capital letters in some of the .txt file names that i left out when i was calling them. It seems Dreamweaver and Flash are able to look passed this, but when it was uploaded it caught me out.

Thanks for your help anyways, i think its time for new glasses haha