PDA

View Full Version : how do i pull this off?

Crackrash
02-14-2010, 06:41 PM
Hi all in the club.
First off I should mention that I'm what you would classify as a noob to dreamweaver and web publishing in general. I'm a graphic designer who has always passed on my designs ideas and flowcharts to more technical adapt people who could make my concepts work on the web. Lately I have followed a few web tutorials in the hope that I would be able to complete assignments from a to z on my own.

My query is as follows:

I would like to replicate the search functionallity found on the tomato.co.uk website.Specifically the ability to change the order of the listings by Name, Category and Date.
I'm absolutely not sure but I guess I need to create a dynamic website for this that will rearrange the lists accordingly. The lists would be made using the Spry collapsible panels.

Will dynamic website creating be too complicated for me? taking into account my very limited experience with the world of code.
Is there an easier way around it?
Is there an easy-to-understand tutorial I could follow that covers this?
All suggestions will be highly appreciated

edbr
02-15-2010, 12:08 AM
yes it would be a dynamic site , recommend php/mysql
so your info would be in a database.
information would be obtained by a select statement
as in "select * from table " to make that as you ask a value would be passed usually from a form. so the criteria for search would depend on the value passed.

i would suggest you look at the tutorials on this site as you could use the deramweaver wizard to connect to and select but you will need to understand a bit more of the basics of php to adapt it to what you want

Crackrash
02-15-2010, 04:37 PM
Thank you very much for the quick reply.
Guess it's back to the books for me...

http://i48.tinypic.com/25a199e.jpg