PDA

View Full Version : changing color outside the actual site

noall666
02-11-2010, 02:32 AM
cant find anyone who can answer this, so I will try here. this site I have is 780 pixels wide(may not be this exactly but it will work for the question) in the viewable area inside the conatiner. I am interested in trying to change the area outside the actual site. the color when you stretch your browser biggeror smaller outside the webpage itself??????????????????

notes, I am kinda new, heres my link....I did have it black before, but I changed my css and it went to white, not sure how i messed it up. I only added padding on the sides to make it more readable, but now it doesnt matter its all white....please help????????
web.me.com/noall666

edbr
02-11-2010, 02:39 AM
body {background-color: #000: }for black

noall666
02-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Sweet, I did figure that out, I was changing all the colors in my css..... now, I have a different problem, I have 4 sections in my page. the top bit, the bar div the main text div and the bar at the bottom, I somehow got space between the text div, I cant find any margin in the css or padding or anything. How do I fix this?????
see website, I did the background gray, and as you see, inbetween the divs I have gray background, I want the divs as one?????

web.me.com/noall666

edbr
02-12-2010, 01:10 AM
i think you mean the contact me part.
if so give its div a background colour or better yet dont use a div at all. Put your link inside the text div as you have assigned a class to it anyway
just as a point though i would never use mailto as it will leave you open to a lot of spam and worse

noall666
02-12-2010, 01:55 AM
I am really talking about the part above and below the text div. I want it to flow of white were my page is without the space inbetween the text div top and bottom, more the top????

I also just looked at the other pages and it seems when i changed the css, they all got messed up. ????? so is the answer in the css....
lets see if i can put this css file somewere?........

here http://public.me.com/noall666
its the css folder......inside it....

oh and I thank you very much for all the help,.....cheers

i found this, doesnt make sense?
http://bytes.com/topic/html-css/answers/99925-unwanted-white-space-between-divs-ie6-vs-nn-opera

the email, ya i know its dangurous, but what do ya do?

gentleone
02-12-2010, 02:02 AM
the email, ya i know its dangurous, but what do ya do?

You can use a PHP contact form, but your host has to have PHP installed on your server... most free hostings don't have it standard on the server.

Or you can use an JavaScript email riddler, but also provide <noscript>me[at]example[dot]com</noscript> in your code for those that has JavaScript disabled.

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/emailriddler/

noall666
02-12-2010, 02:06 AM
Much to complicated for me, I will just wait for the hackers to come, i guess?

can you help me with the css problem i got , Gentleone!

noall666
02-12-2010, 02:49 AM
so I found that when i put this at the top of my css page, it worked,

* {margin: 0; padding: 0;}

but I do have some other pages that it doesnt work......I will keep you ll posted......
so much shit I tell ya, No wonder people can make a living at this stuff.....

Corrosive
02-12-2010, 08:34 AM
Sounds like you are suffering from the default margins and padding associated with paragraphs and headers.

so much shit I tell ya, No wonder people can make a living at this stuff.....

Did you think web designers were taking the p*ss?

gentleone
02-12-2010, 09:56 AM
can you help me with the css problem i got , Gentleone!

A global CSS reset will solve your problem, but depending which one you use it might bring you some new issues. There are some really heavy CSS resets that zeros everything. Then even your <strong> tag isn't strong anymore :). So you need to know really what all the CSS properties does.

This one is not so heavy, but is good enough to solve your problem.
Place it at the top in your stylesheet.

* {
vertical-align: baseline;
font-weight: inherit;
font-family: inherit;
font-style: inherit;
font-size: 100%;
border: 0 none;
outline: 0;
padding: 0;
margin: 0;
}