PDA

View Full Version : DW CS4 PHP Recordset issue...

Dirntknow
02-10-2010, 09:33 PM
Hi folks, apologies for my first post being straight in at the deep end but i'm pulling hair out here! I'm no php expert but have read a few tutorials and have a reasonable idea how to achieve what I want but I've come across a problem that appears to be a DW CS4 bug. If i create an advanced recordset and try and edit it, I end up with duplicated code rather than edited code. It even duplicates it if I just open up the advanced recordset window and not alter anything! I've looked on the Adobe forums for similar issues but there's plenty of questions and no answers! It's all DW generated and there's no errors as such, just sloppy generated code. The genral opinion seems to suggest hand coding but if I could do that then I wouldn't need DW!
Anyone heard of this issue or better still, know of any solutions??!!
Thanks...Andre

edbr
02-10-2010, 11:06 PM
i dont think there is any answer to this , the wizard is good at what it does but ic definitely flawed . best advice would be delete the recordset you have start again. or take the next step and delve into codnig. the tutorials on here have been recommended often and couldto start you on the php/ mysql road

Dirntknow
02-11-2010, 07:18 PM
I can read and understand css/HTML but I don't really want to learn php just yet! I was planning on a few sample sites and then look at the code to see what's what. If dw fails so easily then I feel I've paid for software that doesn't work! The recordset is pretty simple and dw should handle it alot better than it does. If I open and close the recordset without editing I can't see why dw would duplicate it??!!

Ps. I've tried a basic page with no complicated coding and it still fails when I edit or just open the recordset!

edbr
02-12-2010, 12:00 AM
thats fine and the wizard is also very functional, having said that it has to try to be all things for all people so it can get tricky.
as i said i would delete and try again. if that is not to your liking contact adobe

deafboyzaudio
02-13-2010, 06:32 AM
if that is not to your liking contact adobe
If it really is a bug it wouldnt be the first... I have had situations opening certain files where CS4 kept freezing, over and over and over... even after a restart.

Later on I heard someone on DW club say that DW freezes when it comes upon a file with a filesize thats a multiple of XXXX... weird stuff, but it happens, its not perfect.

I dont know if you paid full retail for CS4 but it does tons of other stuff besides recordsets... like edbr said, code the queries yourself... use dw for the other cool stuff, like spry and keeping your site and code organized... Its a lot more than a query builder... a lot more, and it takes a lot of time to learn all the features, trust.

khadi
03-01-2010, 10:39 PM
This is a pretty well know issue. I was one of the first people to discover it and tried to no avail getting Adobe's attention to fix this problem in CS4 (BTW, it was never a problem in CS3 andits only when using PHP). The only solution is to go into the code and delete the duplicate recordset.

davidj
03-02-2010, 10:55 AM
Learning PHP is not as hard as you think