PDA

View Full Version : Advice please! re: design view

Timredd
02-10-2010, 08:56 PM
Hi everybody,

I have just started work with a company that creates alot of web sites using Deamweaver MX2004 (in design view)

I am only experienced with using code view(mainly in

CS4 and notepad++)

The problem is that any sites I make will be difficult for the other people to change later because they are rendered so differently in design view. ie: CSS rollovers and other layout stuff.

(all my code created in code view validates at w3.)

Please help!

what do you think would be the best thing to do?

Should I just take the time and learn to make sites in

design view?,

is this a common problem w/ MX 2004, would an upgrade

help?,

or is there something else I should do....

I'm really not sure :confused:

Thanks

Corrosive
02-10-2010, 09:00 PM
Hi everybody,

I have just started work with a company that creates alot of web sites using Deamweaver MX2004 (in design view)

I am only experienced with using code view(mainly in

CS4 and notepad++)

The problem is that any sites I make will be difficult for the other people to change later because they are rendered so differently in design view. ie: CSS rollovers and other layout stuff.

(all my code created in code view validates at w3.)

Please help!

what do you think would be the best thing to do?

Should I just take the time and learn to make sites in

design view?,

is this a common problem w/ MX 2004, would an upgrade

help?,

or is there something else I should do....

I'm really not sure :confused:

Thanks

I still run MX2004 but, like you, just as a beefed up code editor. You are right, Design View rendering is pretty bad in MX. Can't you spread some of your wisdom and get them hand-coding?

gentleone
02-10-2010, 10:09 PM
If I were you then I would stay foot and keep on handcoding everything with CS4 & Notepad++, so really don't design for design view... if you do that then you go a hugh step back in your personal development. If someone builds websites then he/she do that for browsers, screenreaders & PDA's... not for DW's design view.

You're on the right track... they aren't. Period!

DWcourse
02-11-2010, 01:06 AM
You wouldn't be coding just for Design View you'd be coding for MX2004 Design View. Without running that version how would you even know if it would work?

Timredd
02-11-2010, 01:53 AM
You wouldn't be coding just for Design View you'd be coding for MX2004 Design View. Without running that version how would you even know if it would work?

Sorry, I meant I am using MX2004 at work, its just that I am experienced more with CS4.

:)

DWcourse
02-11-2010, 03:17 AM
Well an upgrade to CS4 might help. It supports design-time style sheets which can be used to make "fix" the design view but don't affect the actual display in the browser.

gentleone
02-11-2010, 09:25 AM
Sorry, I meant I am using MX2004 at work, its just that I am experienced more with CS4.

Well, then use code view too in MX2004. I don't think that there are major differences between code view in CS4 and MX2004. Although I'm not sure, because when I used MX2004 was 5 to 6 years ago ;)