PDA

View Full Version : DW8 / Slideshow/ XML problem, help!


lck
02-06-2010, 07:58 PM
Hi, I'm somewhat new to DW8. I just installed XML Flash Slideshow V3, in order to do photos. I set up one photo gallery successfully. Then I installed Fireworks 8, in order to make photo edits easier. Now when I try to initiate a new photo gallery using Slideshow I get this error:

"There appears to be a formatting error in your XML document. Most likely, this is an unencoded ampersand ("&" must be replaced with "&amp"). To determine the precise issue, exit this wizard and open the XML document in Firefox. Firefox will tell you where the XML formatting error is. Correct the error and re-open this wizard. --Technical error Information-- XML Parsing Error: TypeError: this.m_stack.push is not a function."

I opened in Firefox, it does not help, just says the code is bad and presents all the code on the screen. I have searched for the ampersand, and it is not in the code.

Any advise? Thank you,

larry.k

domedia
02-06-2010, 08:00 PM
If you share the URL with us we can look at it too and maybe find out what is wrong ;)

Welcome to the forums btw!

lck
02-07-2010, 03:36 AM
I can't upload it right now. I am re-writing my personal webpage, which is now in Front Page, and everything I'm doing on Dreamweaver is waiting for completion before I take down the existing page. I shut down the system, the came back up and started the whole photo page from scratch. The message did not come up with this new start. I hope that is the end of it. Thanks for your help! larry.k

domedia
02-07-2010, 03:49 PM
Just upload it to a temporary place on the web, no need to take down your current website.
For example: yourdomain.com/new/

lck
02-07-2010, 08:41 PM
Here's the upload location:

http://www.larrykleinschmidt.com/TempUpload/BrothersSistersTogetherPhotoGallery2.html

None of the photos are out there, so it won't run, but at least the code is there. Right now it is working, after I de-installed the XML Flash, and re-installed it, then rebuilt the gallery. It is still not complete, we'll see if it holds together as I put in the titles and make adjustments.
Thanks larry.k

domedia
02-08-2010, 05:40 AM
<script type="text/javascript">
// <![CDATA[
XMLFlashSlideshow_v3({swf:'../v3flashslideshow/slideshow.swf',w:'625',h:'500',redirect:'',usePrel oader:'true',xml:'../v3flashslideshow/slideshow_data7.xml',preventCache:'true',disableMu ltipleXML:'false',initXML:'%3C?xml%20version=%221. 0%22%20encoding=%22utf-8%22?%3E%3Cslideshow%20version=%223%22%3E%3Cstyles %3E%3CPreloader%20label=%22Loading%20%7BN%7D%2525% 22%20iconColor=%22#666666%22%20iconAlpha=%2270%22% 20iconWidth=%2250%22%3E%3C/Preloader%3E%3CPreloaderLabel%20font=%22Verdana%22 %20size=%2210%22%20color=%22#666666%22%20bold=%22f alse%22%3E%3C/PreloaderLabel%3E%3CBackground%20backgroundColor=% 22#E4E4E4%22%20backgroundAlpha=%22100%22%20bevelCo lor=%22#FFFFFF%22%20bevelStrength=%2270%22%20borde rWidth=%220%22%20borderColor=%22#FF6600%22%3E%3C/Background%3E%3CLoaderAnimation%20type=%22circle%2 2%20color=%22#FFFFFF%22%20alphaBackground=%2220%22 %20alphaInner=%2240%22%20frameWidth=%222%22%20widt h=%2250%22%20height=%2250%22%3E%3C/LoaderAnimation%3E%3CDataLoader%20useAnimation=%22 true%22%20useLabel=%22true%22%20labelPlacement=%22 bottom%22%20fadeOutDuration=%22400%22%20textFormat =%22loader_text%22%3E%3C/DataLoader%3E%3C/styles%3E%3Clocalization%3E%3Ctext%20orig=%22Loadi ng%20Data...%22%20local=%22Loading%20Data...%22%3E %3C/text%3E%3C/localization%3E%3Cfonts%3E%3Cfont%20id=%22loader_t ext%22%20name=%22Pixelade%22%20embed=%22true%22%20 size=%2213%22%20color=%22#666666%22%20bold=%22fals e%22%20selectable=%22false%22%20align=%22left%22%3 E%3C/font%3E%3C/fonts%3E%3C/slideshow%3E'});
// ]]>
</script>

This doesn't look right. Can anyone confirm?

lck
02-08-2010, 01:10 PM
I found a item that said the problem may be a corrupted cache file, so I deleted the XXXXX.dat. That was rebuilt when I restarted. Things are going OK now. The top of the file looks like this now:

<script type="text/javascript" src="../v3flashslideshow/slideshow.js"></script>
<!-- Begin XML Flash Slideshow v3 -->
<script type="text/javascript">
// <![CDATA[
XMLFlashSlideshow_v3({swf:'../v3flashslideshow/slideshow.swf',w:'625',h:'620',redirect:'',
usePreloader:'true',xml:'../v3flashslideshow/slideshow_data7.xml',preventCache:'true',
disableMultipleXML:'false',initXML:

Everything seems to be stable now. We'll see what happens when I begin
my next photo gallery. I have about 50 of them to build.
Thank you for the help.

larry.k