PDA

View Full Version : How to make a membership site

Mouma
02-05-2010, 06:20 PM
Hey all,

I'm interested in creating a membership site for a society, and I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction as to how I'd get started on this.

Any advice you could offer would be much appreciated.

Thanks very much :)

domedia
02-05-2010, 06:59 PM
HI Mouma,
What do you need to get started on? Finding a developer, making a plan for the website, creating a design (etc)?

Welcome to the forum btw!

Mouma
02-05-2010, 07:46 PM
Hey,

Sorry, forgot to mention that the development aspect is what I'm looking for advice on please :)

domedia
02-05-2010, 07:54 PM
What should the membership site do?

Yesterday I saw that a county close by was using Yahoo groups for communications.
Wordpress also has a membership function.

Guess I'm still grasping for some info here :)

edbr
02-05-2010, 11:48 PM
in general terms i would advise a using php/ mysql to create a membership site. what do you expect for your members , restricted access? specific content for each member? cross messaging between members? newsletter capabilities? paid membership? forgot password function?
lot of options

gigiloumill
02-06-2010, 01:31 AM
You're better off with something on line... I'm not saying don't do it, but, if you're just going to start, it'll take you countless hours learning.. but, hey, you won't accomplish it if you don't try...

Corrosive
02-06-2010, 06:49 AM
If I was just starting out and wanted one website for a club, group or organisation then I wouldn't look much further than; http://www.socialgo.com/

Check it out. It DOES cost for the full functionality but it would save you hours and hours and I guess your club has a budget?