PDA

View Full Version : View who's browsing

rico1931
02-01-2010, 04:52 PM
Hell All,

I was wondering if anyone out there has any idea of what tool/code I can use from my server so I can see who is currently browsing my site if they are either an Anonymous user or a logged in user for an administrator ... I'm using ASP and I see that Request.ServerVariables(Item) gives you a lot of information but only for browser it's currently on.

Is there anyway you can get information from people on your site?

Thank you

rico1931
02-01-2010, 09:05 PM
I'm willing to try some Java as well!! I think my googling skills are lacking today because i can't find anything that gives you information on people currently visiting your site :-(

edbr
02-02-2010, 12:19 AM
lost when it comes to asp but you should be able to detect ip addresses , browser etc then count themthe same as with php i would think. not sure that can be done with javascript though

domedia
02-02-2010, 03:50 AM
Not an ASP guy, but: If you already have an authentication system in use it should not be too hard to get a list of people whose session is still in use.

rico1931
02-02-2010, 04:56 PM
ok ya i thought so.. I guess where it gets tricky is how to find out when people leave the site it will count by -1 the total count