PDA

View Full Version : Scrolling image navigation

offshore24
01-28-2010, 06:37 PM
Hey hey fellas,
So im designing a website with limited dreamweaver skills (high-school class summarizes my knowledge), and I have encountered a problem. I want to utilize a large image I have created in adobe illustrator as a navigation item, but isolated in a box so the viewer of the website has to scroll around the box to find things.

For example, I want a image box like the one on hypebeast.com, but instead of the image embedded in the box to be the size of the box mine will be much larger but not viewed at once, only by moving about in the box can the viewer see the rest of the image.

Am I to confusing?, can anyone help me out?
Thanks!

Ricky55
01-28-2010, 07:38 PM
I certainly don't understand what you mean.

We'll help you if we can though.

edbr
01-29-2010, 01:43 AM
the image in your post is just a banner (div ) with an image in it. Are you saying you want a blank space with images only showing when hovered over with a mouse?

nadger
02-14-2010, 09:20 AM
seems to me he wants for example: a frame of say 600x450 but an image of say 800x600. then as you move the mouse around in the frame the image moves to show the non viewable part, like pan tilt zoom effect?

something like this here (http://www.amarasoftware.com/flash-photo-animations.htm)

i could be completely wrong though ha ha