PDA

View Full Version : Reply to this topicStart new topic > Dreamweaver 8 doesn't recognise <JSP: include > tag

venkat_walking
01-28-2010, 06:26 AM
Hi,

I am using Dreamweaver 8 for developing website in JSP.
But some of the tags and directives of JSP like include is not being recognized and in the Design view of the Dreamweaver the page is distorted

Is this a bug in Dreamweaver 8

If yes, is it solved in advanced version.

Also tell me which are the version released after Dreamweaver 8.

Please tell me what to do in this case

Thanks

Venkat

gentleone
01-28-2010, 07:15 AM
But some of the tags and directives of JSP like include is not being recognized
This good be very well because you use an old version of DW, but I'm not sure because I never work with JSP.

and in the Design view of the Dreamweaver the page is distorted
You should never take Design View as referrer point... use your browser and check it in the most common ones too.

Also tell me which are the version released after Dreamweaver 8?
I have Adobe CS4 and the DW included is Version 10.0 Build 4117.

Please tell me what to do in this case.
Download the trial version of DW CS4 from Adobe and see if it works with the latest version.

venkat_walking
01-28-2010, 11:32 AM
Ok, as you said I downloaded and using DW CS4 Version 10.0 Build 4117 and the problem is solved.

But I heard that CS4 has a lots of bug. Is it apprehensive with regards to web development.

With DW 8 i really never had a problem till this <Jsp:include ...> tag problem came.

Please reply

Thanks

Venkat

d a v e
01-28-2010, 02:05 PM
cs4 works fine for me - where did you hear that it had lots of bugs?

venkat_walking
01-28-2010, 03:04 PM
cs4 works fine for me - where did you hear that it had lots of bugs?

If you google Bugs with Dreamweaver CS4 you will get lots of response.
I haven't checked those.
But confirming with you guys.

Thanks
Venkat

domedia
01-28-2010, 03:48 PM
If you google Bugs with Dreamweaver CS4 you will get lots of response. You can replace 'Dreamweaver' with ANY software and get the same result. You're not really answering the question 8)

d a v e
01-28-2010, 03:49 PM
well there's bugs in anything and you can file bug reports with adobe and some may be fixed in updates or next-version releases.
as i said i haven't had any problems using it and the problems brought up on the dreamweaver forum (through adobe forums) haven't brought anything horrendous to light.

if you're particularly paranoid about bugs then hand code using a simple text editor (hoping of course that bugs are proportional to the complexity of the program) or try DW trial and see how you get on with it.

as always, backup your data and site definitions.

dang that Dom - he slipped in his answer before mine :

venkat_walking
01-28-2010, 06:42 PM
Thanks Gentelone, Domedia, Dave

And Dave dont be so sarcastic, and of course I am not use any simple text editor nor I am paranoid of any thing. One thing I need to tell you that If someone is asking about something before trying it then he is thinking to buy it. So I have my Idea asking some experienced before the trail version ends. If it has bothered u much the I regret for that.

Thanks u all putting efforts in this. At last my problem is solves by migrating from DW 8 to DW cs4.

Thanks
Venkat