PDA

View Full Version : Ap Div

GavinBurns
01-26-2010, 05:50 PM
Evening all
I've been building a site which is made up of tables (because I'm trying to learn div's) I have an image for my header and a swf movie file underneath that. I want to put a small promotional image half over the header and the swf movie. I have managed to do it using an AP Div and it looks great on my monitor but I know it wont be in the same place on a smaller or larger monitor. Is there another setting to lock an AP div other than top and left of browser? I have tried to do it with a different div but it either goes before or after my table and not over the image and swf. HELP please!
:confused:

DWcourse
01-26-2010, 06:10 PM
AP Divs are placed relative to the browser window UNLESS they are within a parent div with the CSS position property set to relative. In that case they are positioned relative to the parent div.

That said, why are you using a table if you're trying to learn to use divs (and CSS positioning I assume)?

GavinBurns
01-26-2010, 06:34 PM
Hi DWCourse
I have had to use tables because I've been struggling with div's. I'm trying to introduce myself to them gradually. Can I put a div around my tables and call it a wrapper div and then positoion the ap div within that?
Thanks

Corrosive
01-26-2010, 07:21 PM
Yes, I think you can. Try it.

GavinBurns
01-27-2010, 02:33 PM
Yippee I've sorted it. I put a wrapper div around my tables and made the ap div reletive to the wrapper. Hopefully getting to grips a little now with divs. Thanks for the help