PDA

View Full Version : align left and right column with footer

nicusa
01-26-2010, 02:49 PM
I am using dreamweaver cs4. How can i align the left and right column with the footer.

also, my credit card logo is out of position.

here is the link:

http://nicusa.tripod.com/

please help

DWcourse
01-26-2010, 06:17 PM
Don't try to align them. Use a vertically tiling background image in your container div that provides the background colors for all three columns. Then it will appear that all your columns continue all the way to the footer no matter how long they actually are.

nicusa
01-26-2010, 09:36 PM
you went too fast for me. Can you tell me how I could make just the left column to the footer? there is a gap between the footer and left column.

here is the link http://nicusa.tripod.com/

BarryD
02-01-2010, 09:14 PM
Nicusa - I think this bit of CSS is what DWcourse is referring to. If you search on this issue, you'll find posts in this club that helped me sort this out. This is what worked for me: Not FDA approved - your results may vary.
.twoColFixLtHdr #container {
width: 910px;
margin: 0 auto;
text-align: left;
height: auto;
background-color: #FFFFFF;
background-image: url(_images/insertSmall_76c9be.jpg);
background-repeat: repeat-y;
}
Hope this helps

Ricky55
02-01-2010, 10:19 PM
which part of this design requires a repeat? Am I missing something?

BarryD
02-01-2010, 10:38 PM
I believe the,
"background-repeat: repeat-y;",
is what gets the sidebar image to reach the footer. I worked on this a while ago and can't remember if it works without the repeat. I don't think it did.

rattlsnak
02-02-2010, 01:35 AM
just curious as to why you want google ads for the competition running on your site also???

nicusa
02-02-2010, 07:35 PM
i stayed awake till 4:00am in the morning the other day and I finally figured it out.

thank you all for your reply!

the site where the google ads appear is a free site that i was just using to test my page as i build it. Once is almost complete i will have my own domain name without any third party ads around it.

domedia
02-02-2010, 08:19 PM
What exactly did you do?
The website still just uses a bunch of paragraphs to force space in the element.
Not really a solution..