PDA

View Full Version : MX2004 & Windows 7

Corringdon
01-21-2010, 08:21 PM
Does anybody know if it is possible to get Dreamweaver MX2004 working properly under Windows 7. I have installed it under compatability heading Windows XP Service Pack 3 and all is fine until I go to upload the files to my hosting company over FTP. My router goes down and my internet connection is broken. It takes a PC restart to get online again. Microsoft have said it's a compatability problem and Adobe are about as much use as a trapdoor in a canoe. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ricky55
01-21-2010, 09:50 PM
You can't really expect Adobe to support their old software with a new OS, not something as old as mx anyway.

I can't see how this could cause your router to crash and your web connection to go down though, if thats what you mean.

You could always use a third party FTP client instead or upgrade Dreamweaver.

Corringdon
01-22-2010, 04:39 PM
Thanks for your comments, Ricky.
I like MX and I don't think Adobe have improved it much since they took over Macromedia.
All of my older programmes can be made to work in W7.

I'll look into the third party FTP.

edbr
01-23-2010, 12:49 AM
try filezilla it what i use

Corringdon
01-23-2010, 03:14 PM
Thanks for your advice, fellows. I've discovered that my FTP problem is down to Windows 7 and networking through my router, and I can't cure it. When I hitched up my old ADSL modem I had no problem uploading FTP files via MX2004. This edition of Dreamweaver works on W7 when installed under compatability for XP Service Pack 3.