PDA

View Full Version : Properties Inspector CS3 Vs CS4

donut
01-21-2010, 06:47 PM
Is anyone like me and absolutely hate the CS4 Properties Inspector window? I really don't like the fact that Adobe pushes this better standards crap on us... making us create styles for every little new thing.

I mean if I want to center a piece of text or a link or make a cell have a bg image I shouldn't have to create a style for it... Ok end rant.

Just wondering if anyone else was liked me and liked the old way better.

DWcourse
01-21-2010, 06:56 PM
I really don't like the fact that Adobe pushes this better standards crap on us.

If you aren't going to update your skill set why did you bother to update your program? Go back to CS3 if that's what you like.

Just wondering if anyone else was liked me and liked the old way better.

Pardon my rant: Yes some people always like the old way better. They are called dinosaurs. Evolve or die! End of my rant.

donut
01-21-2010, 07:04 PM
Well, I could give a 2 you know what about web standards. I care about making money and getting my landing pages up ASAP...

I'm sorry if I don't play by the book like you. Money talks.

domedia
01-21-2010, 07:41 PM
Money talks.
Ain't that the truth..

In the long run though, you'd be very smart to invest in developing with web standards in mind like everyone else.

As for Adobe, I don't think they had any choice. The criticism towards them for enabling what most would call 'bad practices', was so significant that they had to change it.

DWcourse
01-21-2010, 09:14 PM
Didn't mean to offend you and I'm not averse to doing a few things in non-standard ways. Just wondering why if money is your prime concern you'd spend some of it on an upgrade you don't really need or want to use? :confused:

Corrosive
01-22-2010, 07:31 AM
Well, I could give a 2 you know what about web standards. I care about making money and getting my landing pages up ASAP...

I'm sorry if I don't play by the book like you. Money talks.

If you continue to ignore best practice then your business will suffer in the long run. Quick buck or a long and professional web career. Choice is yours :)

I agree with JC as well. Why upgrade if you prefer the old methods?

edbr
01-22-2010, 07:48 AM
Money talks.
should use notepad then its free

Corrosive
01-22-2010, 09:26 AM
should use notepad then its free

No 'insert table' function on Notepad.

edbr
01-22-2010, 09:37 AM
yes but you wont have to code all that modern gibberish and that way you wont get any of them silly advantages of seo or cross browser compliance, nay lad if its was god enough for my grandad them by golly...

DWcourse
01-22-2010, 04:49 PM
yes but you wont have to code all that modern gibberish and that way you wont get any of them silly advantages of seo or cross browser compliance, nay lad if its was god enough for my grandad them by golly...

Your grandad built webpages?