PDA

View Full Version : Property Inspector in DW CS4: Target area

BarryD
01-21-2010, 04:37 AM
The Property Inspector does not show the link to target, for example (_blank, etc.) for a linked file. I am selecting HTML button in the Property Inspector window. So, I know I'm doing that part correctly. There is no pull down menu in either the "Title" or "Target" windows. In fact, these windows are small truncated spaces. Dysfunctional. What's going on? Any ideas. Do I need to re-install? I'm running DW CS4 under Windows-XP Pro, SP-3.
Thanks Everyone

edbr
01-21-2010, 05:04 AM
possibly reinstall but those boxes are greyed out until you ad a link in the link box, so it seems i just checked

BarryD
01-21-2010, 04:50 PM
Yeh, I've inserted a file as a link where I think it should be. The "Title" and "Target" boxes are white and truncated. I'm attaching a JPG of what the Property Inspector looks like on my screen. By the way, the file loads properly on the website, because I've used the used the Common buttons on the top bar in DW to do the linkage. I would like to use the Property Inspector to, at least, fine tune when I want.
Thanks again, BarryD

DWcourse
01-21-2010, 05:15 PM
OK, This is the result of a Window Display setting that DW doesn't like:

In the Windows Control Panel open (double-click) Displays.

In the Settings tab click the Advanced button.

Under DPI settings, choose Normal size (96 DPI).

I think you'll need to restart the computer.

Adobe should have fixed this a long time ago butů

BarryD
01-21-2010, 06:55 PM
Perfect solution! Great fix - I've been dealing with this issue from day-1. It also solved another issue: The proportions of spry menus looked different in DW than on my website. I need to adjust my font size, now; and, I hope the issue won't return. If it does, I'll squint. I got a response from the Adobe help desk that was, basically, a request for more info. I will let them know about this solution. Perhaps, that will generate some synaptic events!
Thanks, BarryD

sambam
01-07-2011, 02:23 PM
Thanks JC that worked for me also.